|Wee Sing The Best Christmas Ever|
December 10, 1990
1990, 1995, 2004
The fifth video of the Wee Sing series; the first and only Christmas video.
Just five days before Christmas, when Poofer the elf tries to help his best friend Gusty the elf, he gets lost and winds up in the home of the Smiths, a loving family, and meets their caroling neighbors as well. He and the Smiths journey to the North Pole in an effort to aid Gusty, who has grown unexceptionably clumsy. After the elves and even Santa Claus himself wrestle with the issue, Susie realizes what's wrong - Gusty needs a new pair of glasses. This story encourages children to wear glasses, but also has subtle messages about cultural diversity, helping others, the importance of working together and wearing a seat belt and helmet while traveling, and that an adoptive family can be as close and loving as any other.
It's a beautiful night on December 20th and the weather begins to snow. A little elf named Poofer who has shrunk himself rides on his snowflake sleigh on his way home from the barn to the workshop. At the workshop, we see the other elves making the toys for Christmas. They are Gusty, Dimpie, Snooter, Munchie, and Thooner.
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- O Christmas Tree
- Two Little Christmas Trees (Fingerplay by Susie)
- Mother's Knives and Forks (Fingerplay by Susie)
- Here We Come A-Caroling
- Deck the Halls
- Christmas Day
- When Santa Comes (Fingerplay by Susie)
- The Angel Band
- Little Bells of Christmas
- Star Light, Star Bright (Fingerplay by Susie)
- The Christmas Wrap
- Christmas is Coming
- Chubby Little Snowman (Fingerplay by Susie)
- The Chimney (Fingerplay by Susie)
- Gusty the Elf
- Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
- Jingle Bells
- Down Through the Chimney (Fingerplay by Susie)
- Santa Claus is Coming
- Up On the Housetop
- Twas the Night Before Christmas
- It is based on the book Wee Sing for Christmas.
- This is the only Wee Sing movie to introduce the adult characters (Santa's elves) first and the child characters (The Smiths) later.
- "Here We Come A-Caroling" is the only song in the movie to mention God. All others mention the secular aspects of Christmas such as Santa Claus and giving presents.
- "Joy to the World" and "Good King Wenceslas" are played in the opening credits but are never sung outright.
- Kenneth Miller plays Johnny while his older brother Chris who uses a wheelchair plays one of the carolers. Usually, some carolers take wheelchair bounds. Lindsey Beall and Devin Nipp also cameo as the carolers themselves.
- Behind the Scenes footage of this movie are shown during a TV interview, including the operations of the 10 little angels puppets.